The current chapel at Versailles is the fifth in its history. Built by Louis XIV and dedicated to St. Louis of France, it was begun in 1689 and and consecrated in 1710. From then until the end of the Ancien Régime, it was at the heart of daily courtly life.
Detail of the High Altar (Note the altar covering is the French Royal Flag):
A detail of the altarpiece, the Tetragrammaton, the four letters of the name of God, YHWH:
And an interesting reenactment of the marriage of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI, filmed at the Versailles Chapel (starts at 7:24):